Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly awaiting!



Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham
Simon & Schuster, 336 Pages
US Release Date: June 12, 2012

1 Concert
2000 Miles
3 Ex-Best Friends

Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends.

Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3.

But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books.

Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show.

Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van known as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there.

But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over?

---------------------Goodreads summary


Doesn't this sound fabulous? I love me a good road trip book, and this one sounds perfect. Ex-best friends on a mission to see a beloved band just begs for some good antics and beautiful introspection on friendship and life.

(Am I also the only one getting a Crossroads vibe? That movie with Britney Spears that I totally saw in theatres?)

(Also? If *NSYNC ever did a one-time-only reunion show, I WOULD SO BE THERE.)

What book are you eagerly waiting for? Leave me your link and I'd love to come check it out!

7 comments:

  1. I've seen this one on other blogs and cannot wait to read it! Great choice! I love the bold cover color and the huge map!
    Karen @ Books Beside My Bed

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds really interesting! Great WOW pick!

    Here is my WOW...

    http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/wow-february-15-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love road trip books, so I'm sure this one will be great too! I'm liking the whole 'ex best friends' aspect of it, it makes it a little different! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so awesome! I am adding it to my list now. It definitely sounds a bit like the movie Crossroads. I also totally agree with you I would road trip anywhere for an Nsync reunion concert too! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read this. It sounds like it would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by for the Love-A-Thon! I'm really excited for this one as well. :) It sounds like a lot of fun!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!