Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Butter by Erin Lange

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly awaiting!


Butter by Erin Jade Lange
Bloomsbury, 272 Pages
Expected US Release: October 2, 2012

A boy everyone calls “Butter” is about to make Scottsdale High history. He’s going to eat himself to death live on the Internet – and everyone will watch.

He announces his deadly plan to an army of peers and expects pity, insults or even indifference. Instead, he finds morbid encouragement. When that encouragement tips the scales into popularity, Butter has a reason to live. But if he doesn’t go through with his plan, he’ll lose everything.
------------------Goodreads summary


Doesn't this sound fantastic? I love the idea of bringing in modern technology and mixing it with all the high school issues of popularity and drama.  Just the description is so evocative. This could turn out to be a really original, moving book.

What are you waiting for? Leave your link in the comments and I'll check it out!

8 comments:

  1. It’s definitely an interesting concept for a book, and as far as I know, an idea that is previously untouched. I bet it will do very well. Not my particular cup of tea, but I do imagine several people will be excited for it!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a unique concept, I hope it attracts people! It's kind of weird, too, but I hope in an appealing way haha.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. This reminds me of that film, Untraceable, except this time he's willingly doing the act himself. It sounds like a good read, definitely original! Thanks for sharing! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I definitely see the relation to Untraceable! I remember catching that movie in the middle when it showed on TV and being incredibly confused for awhile haha.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. That sounds crazy!! I am intrigued.... Great pick!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words
    My Wow pick this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's really intriguing! I have to know how Butter is going to get out of this haha.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Wow this sounds nuts! But I am intrigued myself. I have never heard of anything like this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? There's just so many things I need to know about this plot and how Butter will get out of it...or maybe not? October can't get here fast enough.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!