Sunday, February 26, 2012

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, meant for bloggers to showcase the books they've acquired in the past week via library, purchase, review, etc.

Normally I only try to do this every other week, but I uh...went a little crazy and am hoping to knock out some of these library books before next Sunday.

Purchased
Where Things Come Back - John Corey Whaley
Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley. If you follow me on Twitter,
you know how long I have been waiting to get my hands on this. Hooray! (It was also my first WoW pick!)

Purchased from 
Friends of the Library Bookstores
I will never understand why people don't utilize library-affiliated bookstores more often. The books are in great condition, cheap, and all the money goes to support the library. Win-win! 
(Total cost of all these books: $3.50!)
Be More Chill - Ned Vizzini (hardcover)
Perfect You - Elizabeth Scott
Lovesick - Jake Coburn
The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen
elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin (hardcover)

Library
A ton of holds came in at the same time and the date limit came up so I had to get them before finishing all the others I have. Why do I do this to myself?
Juliet Immortal - Stacey Jay
The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers - Lynn Weingarten
Irises - Francisco X. Stork
There is No Dog - Meg Rosoff
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare

And if anyone is keeping track, you might be thinking I accidentally included a book here that was already shown last week.  Not so, my friends:

I never know which hold will come in first so oftentimes I double up and put the same book on hold at the County Library and the Public Library. Normally it works out that one comes in well ahead of the other and I just cancel the second, but these came in close to each other. Which actually works out for me, because I decided to re-read Clockwork Angel first and I don't think I'll make it all the way through CP before the first copy is due. But sorry San Diego county, I'm hoarding CPs!

What's in your Mailbox? Leave your links and I'll swing by!

16 comments:

  1. All these books for just $3.50? Now that's what I call a bargain. :) Elsewhere's cover is stunning.

    Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe when I found all the books for so cheap! And I love Elsewhere's cover too, it's so poignant :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Whoa! So many good books! Nice haul. :)
    I want to know how much time will it take you to read all these? That's ten books. I generally take about a couple of months or at least a month and a half for ten! What with college, exams and all other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's TOO many books haha! During college I was hard-pressed to be reading any books since it was too difficult with all the work to do, but thankfully I'm graduated and done with that now haha. With my normal 40-hour work week and blogging schedules, I'll generally be able to read 3-4 books a week. Good weeks I can do as many as a book a day, bad weeks will only be 1 -- hopefully this stack will only take ~2.5 weeks or so.

      Delete
  3. Your library has The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers and Juliet Immortal??? Lucky!!! I cant find either one of those at either of the libraries I go to. Enjoy all your books! :)

    My IMM

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My libraries are awesome, they have almost all the new releases! I'm lucky to live in a city that has county libraries, public (city) libraries, and private libraries so I have a lot of resources to track any books I want down.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. You've got a pretty epic library (I thought mine was pretty well stocked, yours far exceeds what I can get). And, our sales sucks bananas! Anywho, enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm really lucky to have such awesome libraries and acquisitions! It's kind of a crap shoot with the library sales (this past week wasn't too great), but I also have ~7 within distance of me/my work so I have some variety.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. The Truth About Forever is such an amazing book. It was my first Sarah Dessen book, really hope you enjoy it. Great haul. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read it! I've read all but two of Sarah Dessen's books and I can't believe The Truth About Forever is one of them. My first of hers was Just Listen and I was immediately hooked.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. AHHH! Juliet Immortal! I totally LOVED THAT BOOK and love to see it out in the world and see other people enjoying it too!

    Hope you love it.

    And I am kind of jealous of your friends of the library book store. It seems like it has some pretty great books.

    Happy reading :-)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just starting Juliet Immortal! So far it's pretty intriguing, though I admit my head is having a hard time wrapping around the concept that romeo & juliet are not what we know and love them to be haha.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. I love library books stores. They do add to my TBR pile though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha very true! convenient and awesome, but a bit stressful, too.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. you got some great books this week! I loved Elsewhere and I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for Elsewhere! ! always picked it up at the library but never checked it out since I always had so many other books -- now I can have it and finally read it!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!