Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (1)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm in the middle of a few books right now, but these are the two my main focus is on:

"Ed looks at me like he wishes I'd disappear and if I had the choice I'd grant that wish; I'd turn into smoke and blow away. I want to sit on the other side of the table from him so he doesn't think I'm interested, but there's no room on the other side so I sit as far away from him as i can and try to have an out-of-body experience." 
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

“It's Will," she said. "He's being absolutely ridiculous in the dining room."
Charlotte looked puzzled. "How is this different from him being totally ridiculous in the library or the weapons room or any of the other places he's usually ridiculous?” 
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

(Apparently I'm into CC initialed authors this week!)







What are you reading right now? Leave me your Teaser Tuesday link (or Top Ten Tuesday) and I'll swing by!

5 comments:

  1. Great teasers! The Clockwork Angel teaser is actually one of my favorite quotes from that book, good choice! I have yet to read Graffiti Moon, but I like your teaser. I really need to read that one!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the quote from CA, it's just so telling of Will and how they feel about him. And I just finished Graffiti Moon, it's so good!

      Delete
  2. Two great teasers! It's interesting that you chose two scenes that take place at a table. I think I'd enjoy both these books.
    Here's my teaser: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I didn't even realize the table thing! They're both fabulous books, I highly recommend both of them.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Thanks! i just popped by yours and I'm ashamed to admit I've actually never read any Dickens. I always mean to and he's my best friend's favourite author, I just haven't gotten around to it. Loved your teaser though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!