Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reading Challenges

I am way late to the game (unfortunate, since a lot of the books I've read this year would have satisfied some of these), but I'm finally declaring all the Reading Challenges I'm taking this year!  I've already mentioned The Completely Contemp Challenge from Chick Loves Lit - and now the rest!

2012 Support Your Local Library Challenge
I've chosen a Level 2: 24 Library Books

Contemporary Challenge
Read a chosen number of books in 2012 that have pub dates between January 1 and December 30, 2012

I've chosen to do a Level 2: 10+ Books
I'm sure it'll change, but the tentative list so far:
1. My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick
2. In Honor - Jessi Kirby
3. Bittersweet - Sarah Ockler
4. Isla & the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins
5. Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley
6. The Disenchanments - Nina LaCour
7. Flirting in Italian - Lauren Henderson
8. The List - Siobhan Vivian
9. Being Friends With Boys - Terra Elan McVoy
10. Take a Bow - Elizabeth Eulberg

Debut Author Challenge
Hosted by The Story Siren
Read & review a minimum of twelve young adult or middle grade debut novels between the dates of January 1, 2012 – January 31, 2013.

Also sure it will change, but so far I'm aiming for:
1. Incarnate - Jodi Meadows
2. Under the Never Sky - Veronica Rossi
3. Article 5 - Kristen Simmons
4. Of Poseidon - Anna Banks
5. The Catastrophic History of You and Me - Jess Rotheberg
6. What's Left of Me - Kat Zhang
7. Reunited - Hilary Weisman Graham
8. Shooting Stars - Allison Rushby
9. ???
10. ???
11. ???
12. ???

Sophomore Reading Challenge
Hosted by Chick Loves Lit
Read 10 Sophomore YA/MG Novels in 2012 - all novels must be the second published YA/MG novel, with pub dates in 2012.

Again, probably changing, but I think I've got:
1. Insurgent - Veronica Roth (realllyyy have to read Divergent. It's just sitting on my dresser!)
2. Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver (same with this...reallllyyyy have to read Delirium)
3. Mara Dyer #2 - Michelle Hodkin
4. The Disenchantments - Nina LaCour
5. In Honor - Jessi Kirby
6. Second Chance Summar - Morgan Matson
7. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare - Melissa Jensen
8. ???
9. ???
10. ???

Have any suggestions for me to read for any of the challenges?
Leave it in the comments!

*I'll have buttons in my sidebar and a Page/Tab set up for all the challenges to better track later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!