Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Completely Contemp Challenge; or, WHY DIDN'T I START THIS SOONER?!

When I was setting up my blog at the end of last year, I promised myself I'd finally do reading challenges. I kept seeing them pop up on other book blogs and so many of them seemed so appealing. I mean, what better way than to motivate us to read that number of books or to finally start reading a genre we might usually skip over?

Well, aside from plugging in the number of books I wanted to read in 2012 into a super simple Goodreads widget, I massively failed on signing up with them. I had the challenges I wanted to join saved, I had the challenges I wanted to look into bookmarked in my browser...but yeah. I launched on January 1, without challenge buttons on my blog.

Today, this changes!
I should have signed up for this at the beginning of the year since many books I've read would have satisfied this challenged, but that's ok - of course I don't mind reading more! Chick Loves Lit is hosting the Completely Contemp Challenge where you pick a number and then read that many books published in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

I chose 5. It seems more accurate to what I'd read, but still a bit daunting to realize that's 15 books of a hopeful 100 in my year.  But that's the fun of challenges, right? Right!

These are my choices so far, pending library availability and all.  I've left a few blank and would love some suggestions of books to read! (All books listed have never been read before.)

2010:
1. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
2. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
3. Not That Kind of Girl - Siobhan Vivian
4. Split - Swati Avasthi
5. ????

2011:
1. Back When You Were Easier To Love - Emily Wing Smith
2. Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally
3. Saving June - Hannah Harrington
4. Other Words For Love - Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
5. ????

2012:
1. The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
2. Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley
3. Take A Bow - Elizabeth Eulberg
4. ????
5. ????

Any ideas which book I should read first? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!