Saturday, March 31, 2012

In My Mailbox (10)



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, meant to spotlight the books we've acquired this week (via library, purchase, review, etc).

I had a pretty fantastic past 2 weeks in books, if I do say so myself.  Crap pictures again this week because I was too lazy to find my camera, so still through the Droid. I also unexpectedly picked up more books towards the end of the week but didn't want to retake/re-edit all photos, so...kind of a picture heavy post. Sorry!  

Library
Across the Universe - Beth Revis
Picked it up for my mom actually, I've already read it and loved it.

There Is No Dog - Meg Rosoff
I had to return the book before I got a chance to finish it, so I re-reserved and it finally came back in. Super excited to find out what happens!

Stupid Fast - Geoff Herbach

Legend - Marie Lu
Finally!!

Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver
I should proooooobably finally read Delirium, huh?

Purchase
Last week was my birthday but I didn't receive any books as gifts - so I thought I'd treat myself! I kind of went overboard (kind of...).  I haven't received some in yet, but these are the ones I've got added to my shelves:

The List - Siobhan Vivian
This was a surprise to see on the bookshelves in BN! Snapped up as soon as I could.

The Disenchantments - Nina LaCour

Saving June - Hannah Harrington
Loved it so much had to get my own copy. (review coming Monday!)

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare - Melissa Jensen

Starters - Lissa Price (signed!) + bookmark
Went to a local indie shop (Mysterious Galaxy!) specifically for this book; it was a nice
surprise to see it was signed! And got a free bookmark :)
My hand looks creepy. Nail polish change!
(And those wondering, I'm wearing: China Glaze - Fast Track, from the HG collection here.
The other polish in pics is also from the HG collection, China Glaze - Harvest Moon
With a coat of Nerd Lacquer glitter over.)
For Review
(thanks NetGalley!)

Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe - Shelley Coriell (thanks Amulet/ABRAMS!)
The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa (thanks Harlequin Teen!)
The Summer My Life Began - Shannon Greenland (thanks Penguin Teen!)

What's in your mailbox?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll check it out!

PS. Don't forget to enter my Birthday giveaway here!
You could win one of these books below OR an April release! TWO winners!
ends April 8

5 comments:

  1. I've read the Fine Art of Truth or Dare and its a super cute fast read. I also got Across the Universe this week and I can't wait to read it. I got Welcome Caller this is Chloe and The Summer my Life began a few weeks ago. My IMM is here if you want to check it out.

    http://felicia-readerscorner.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-7.html

    Overall it looks like you got some pretty good books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many great books. I recently read The Fine Art... and like it. Can't wait to read Legend and Starters. Happy reading!

    My IMM
    Safari Poet

    Old follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome mailbox Ashley! Legend was cool, it's a quick, action packed book, with a totally kick butt heroine! And I am anxious to hear your thoughts on The Disenchantments. LOVED Saving June as well, one of my favorite books:) Your Net Galley titles rock, can't wait to read The Immortal Rules! And your hands look perfectly fine! Nice ring;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome books! I really want to read The Disenchantments and The Fine Art of Truth or Dare! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy alll

    read across the uinverse now
    its awesome

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!