Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The List by Siobhan Vivian

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine,
meant to spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly awaiting!

The List by Siobhan Vivian
Push, 332 Pages
Expected US Release Date: April 1, 2012

An intense look at the rules of high school attraction—and the price that’s paid for them.


It happens every year. A list is posted, and one girl from each grade is chosen as the prettiest, and another is chosen as the ugliest. Nobody knows who makes the list. It almost doesn’t matter. The damage is done the minute it goes up.


This is the story of eight girls, freshman to senior, “pretty” and “ugly.” And it’s also the story of how we see ourselves, and how other people see us, and the tangled connection of the two.
-------------------Goodreads summary


Oh doesn't this book just sound like pure high school gold?! The idea of a list that names the prettiest and ugliest in each grade just twists my insides up: partly in sickness that someone would do that, but mostly wanting to know who is on it, why, and just what it does to the girls.

I can't wait!

What book are you waiting for?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll hop by!

8 comments:

  1. I discovered this one a while ago and I think it sounds interesting :). It also sounds like it has a message. Nice pick.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that actually deals with teenage issues, and this one sounds interesting and meaningful, not to mention the simple yet gorgeous cover!

    My WoW
    Emerald City Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for reminding me of this one, because I've failed to pre-order a copy so far, but I'm dying to read it soooo badly! Awesome pick. :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to this one, definitely high school gold! Great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember having this one as my WoW a couple weeks back. Siobhan Vivian is a brilliant author. I can't wait to see how she executes this great premise! Ah! So excited for this one. Amazing choice, Ashley! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this sounds amazing! I am adding it to my to read list right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!