Monday, March 5, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Cover Love!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!  This week's topic is:
Top 10 Favourite Covers

For having a pretty solid memory, I'm pretty bad at remembering covers. So, mine are all from the last two years or so...(click all the images if you want the bigger versions!)

The Selection - Kiera Cass*
(just beautiful!)

Across the Universe - Beth Revis 
(I loved this so much it's a background on my computer)

Pure - Julianna Baggott*
(it's even more beautiful in real life, with the gloss/matte variation)

Winter Town - Stephen Emond*
(I love that the snow is hole punches!)

I'll Be There - Holly Goldberg Sloan 
(funnily enough, I had an ARC of this in my house 6 months before it was released and I didn't even realize -- because it didn't have a cover! The only reason I picked it up at the library was because of the cover!)

The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers - Lynn Weingarten*
(the stars!)

Illuminate - Aimee Agresti*
(everything: the font, the design, her dress, the shadow of wings...adore)

It's Kind of A Funny Story - Ned Vizzini
(it's poignant, and even more so once you read the book!)

A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray
(so elegant and classy)

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern*
(the graphics!)


HONORABLE MENTIONS
Bunheads - Sophie Flack
(it's beautiful and different and a bit eerie)

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
(this one stays with you for awhile)

Beauty Queens - Libba Bray
(it feels so wrong to see a pageant sash with bullets!)

*denotes an unread book

What are your favourite covers?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll check it out!

10 comments:

  1. I love all these covers. I included Across the Universe on my list too, it was definitely my favourite cover of last year. Great picks, I can't wait to get my hands on some of these!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get a print of the ATU cover and frame it, I probably would. The colours are so stunning!

      Delete
  2. Those are all great choices! I love The Selection as well. It's so, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, really want the dress on The Selection cover haha. I have no reason to wear it, but I will make a reason just to wear it! haha

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. These are all so great! Very vivid and imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just left a comment for you, I love your list!

      Delete
  4. The Night Circus made my list too. I absolutely LOVE the Pure cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! The Selection and Across the Universe also made my Top Ten. And I love the glitter stars on the cover of The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers, and the hole punches on the cover of Winter Town!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice List :) Bunheads made my list... I love the way that looks! I also love The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!