Monday, March 26, 2012

You know what I didn't do this weekend?


I think I may be the only one in the world to not have seen The Hunger Games this weekend.

Not because I don't want to see it, because oh I definitely want to. But 1) it was my birthday weekend, and I spent a lot of it away and partying with friends.  2) I'm really weird about movie versions of books, and I'm not sure I trust any of my friends to see me like that. and 3) I'm also very weird about the crowds I see movies with, and I was a little weary of all the teens and tweens who would be fangirling like crazy. I mean, I'm Team Peeta all the way and all, but I refuse to squeal it when he comes on screen.

I'm also neurotic, but I sense you've guessed this.

In any case, no, I did not see the movie yet. I think I will Tuesday morning because the theaters around here have a special deal that the first Tuesday showings are only $6 - how can you pass that up?! It is pretty damn amazing that it did so well: $155 million over the weekend? $68 million on its opening day?!  Best showing for a non-sequal...I'm so proud of a little YA book.

I am going crazy not having seen it though! I keep hearing so much about it, and while nothing can really be spoiled, per se, it still feels like I've got to avoid a lot of spoilers. 

So, to abate my anticipation in seeing this film, I thought I'd post some humor! Hunger Games humor is like a weird twisted sickness, because it's like...teens killing teens isn't funny, but c'mon...so much fun!

Not even joking, I laughed out loud. And sang it.
This was also the inspiration for this post, because I had to share.
HG pick up lines. I'd probably give it a thought if someone said them to me.
Ryan Gosling Hey Girl Meme + HG = pure awesome.
I laughed. I've also heard Katpee as one one of the hybrid names.
Click to make it larger!
Because I think we'd all give up on him if he said he didn't like HG.
Hilarious.
Anyone else not see the movie?
And if you did, tell me if you liked it!
(But please, no spoilers :))

*all images were found via pinterest - I tried to trace sources, but most of it was just tumblr.
If you know the source, I'll gladly update to include the links!

4 comments:

  1. First I saw the movie and it was awesome. Second I went to the Thursday midnight show and I went to the over-21 theater just to avoid the tweens and teens. Third I just posted my thoughts on the movie this morning and I'm going to add a link to your post because these are so funny!

    I hope you enjoy the movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh if we had a 21+ theatre around here that would have changed everything! That sounds wonderful.

      And thanks for adding my link to your post!! I just read it (yay thanks for no movie spoilers!) and am about to comment :)

      Delete
  2. I havent seen it yet cos our cinemas do a similar thing with the tickets on a Tuesday and I'm skint so Im waiting til Tuesday next week (after payday) to go see it! I cant wait though and love some of those pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out my theatre does the discount on every first showing of the week! I didn't make it to today's (was up reading until 4am haha), so I'm going to try tomorrow!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!