Friday, March 2, 2012

TGIF (7) and Follow Friday (6)


TGIF is hosted by Ginger at Greads! This week's discussion is about
Book Moments
What has been your favorite moment (scene) in a book that you've read so far in 2012? Please be kind & not include spoilers.

So, I'm going to cheat hardcore on this, because I have seriously read so many freakin' good books this year (Scorpio Races! the sky is everywhere! Graffiti Moon! The Fault In Our Stars! The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight!) that I can't possibly choose a favourite from all of them.  So, I present two of the many amazing scenes from my 2012 reads:

     "Hey," I yell out and wave like a maniac.
     He looks up at the window, smiles, and I can't get down the stairs, out the front door, into the rain and by his side fast enough.
     "I missed you," I say, reaching up and touching his cheek with my fingers. Raindrops drip from his eyelashes, stream in rivulets all down his face.
     "God, me too." Then his hands are on my cheeks and we are kissing and the rain is pouring all over our crazy heads and once again my whole being is aflame with joy.
     I didn't know love felt like this, like turning into brightness.
     "What are you doing?" I say, when I can finally bring myself to pull away for a moment.
     "I saw it was raining--I snuck out, wanted to see you, just like this."



&

      Gus loaded this giveaway away site called Free No Catch and together we wrote an ad.
     "Headline?" he asked.
     "'Swing Set Needs Home,'" I said.
     "'Desperately Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home,'" he said.
     "'Lonely, Vaguely Pedophilic Swing Set Seeks the Butts of Children,'" I say.
     He laughed. "That's why."
     "What?"
     "That's why I like you. Do you realize how rare it is to come across a hot girl who creates an adjectival version of the word pedophile? You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are."
     I took a deep breath through my nose. There was never enough air in the world, but the shortage was particularly acute in that moment.
     .....As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.


What's your favourite moment from a 2012 read?
Leave me your link and I'll come check it out!

Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View, meant to spotlight two blogs and allows bloggers to link up and meet other fabulous bookish friends and share the Following love!

This week's spotlight blogs are: Owl Tell You About It & Mercurial Musings

And the question of the week is:
What book would you love to see made into a movie or television show and do you have actors/actresses in mind to play the main characters?

Truthfully? I'm not sure I would. I really don't like seeing books turned into screen-shows because it can never really live up to the book.  That is an entirely unfair blanket statement (because I, too, love Harry Potter--but I see the movies and the books separate from each other), I am aware; but it makes me cringe when I see adaptations are in the works (such as Jandy Nelson's "The Sky is Everywhere" being headed by Selena Gomez. So much of that makes me want to cry).

However, if I had to choose, I think turning the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty into a TV or movie could be pretty fun. I've only read Sloppy Firsts so far, but she's so hilarious and witty and bonkers that it would make some great entertainment.  I could see Emma Stone, Brittany Snow, Lucy Hale, even Emma Roberts playing Jessica Darling, too. And even though he's a bit on the older side, I totally see James Franco (circa Freaks and Geeks era) as Marcus Flutie so far.

What would you like to see on the screen? Leave me your link and I'll hop by!
And of course I'd love to return a follow if you are kind enough to follow me :)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Jessica Darling series although it's been on my tbr wishlist for a long time, new follower, here's mine

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was late to reading them (just read Sloppy Firsts last month), but so far it's lived up to all the hype! I hope you get to read them soon :)

      Thanks for following, I returned it!

      Delete
  2. Two great picks for 2012 reads! I have TFiOS on my shelf (as well as all his other books), just need to find time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books look FANTASTIC. I want to read them after reading the scenes you picked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!