Thursday, March 29, 2012

TGIF (10) and Follow Friday (9)


TGIF is hosted by Ginger at Greads! This week's discussion is about
Book Blogger Retreat
If you could gather up a handful of book blogger friends to spend a weekend away talking books, where would you go? Tell us about it.

Isn't it obvious? Harry Potter World! To go galavanting around the magical world of Hogwarts with people who adore and enjoy the literary world as much as me? Heaven!



But if that doesn't count because 1) I'd like to spend more than a weekend there, and 2) I'm not sure how much we'd be able to chat about books, I would choose Paris. They have some of the sweetest little book shops in that city, filled with those amazing smells of old, well-worn and well-loved books that any reader loves. We'd get one of those quaint little townhouses that overlook cafes and the streets and spend the day drinking cafe and eating croissants, then spend the night on the balcony, sipping wine and eating baguettes + fromage under the stars.  I think it'd be the perfect backdrop to a bookish trip.  (And I'll be honest, it'd give me reason to go back to Paris.)

(source - Blanca Gomez is one of my favourite illustrators, her work is fantastic!)


Where would you go for a book blogger retreat?
Leave me your link and I'll come check it out!

Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View, meant to spotlight two blogs and allows bloggers to link up and meet other fabulous bookish friends and share the Following love!

This week's spotlight blogs are: Alluring Reads & Justin's Book Blog (who is one of my favourites actually!)

And the question of the week is:
Do you read one book at a time or do you switch back and forth between two or more?

Definitely a multi-book girl here. As you can see by my Currently Reading in the sidebar (conveniently there on your right! ----->), I've got 4 books going on right now. I don't know why I do it, but ever since I was little I've always read more than one at the same time. It was mostly because I'd read one, then when I needed to put it down and take a break, I'd just pick up another.

Usually I try to keep it down to 3 books at once, but ever since I started the book blog and took on reviewing books and ARC/galley copies, it's upped to 4 or 5 at once. I don't have problems reading that many at once, I never get confused; but eventually I start to feel stretched too thin and finish all of them up in a day. Which actually really explains how sometimes I have 4+ reviews scheduled to go up on the blog; and other days I'm scrambling for content.

How many books do you read at once?
Leave me your link and I'll hop by!
And of course I'd love to return a follow if you are kind enough to follow me :)

PS. Have you entered my Birthday giveaway yet?
Win one of the books below OR an April release! Two winners!
ends April 8

9 comments:

  1. Hi there :) just hopping through...

    I know... reviewing and blogging means that at times you will probably need to read a few at a time.

    Here is my choice...

    Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 at a time? Wow, the most I do is 3! You must be Superwoman or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Hogwarts sounds cool, and so does Paris. I would love to accompany you there ;)
    I'm a 'one-book-at-a-time' kind of girl, though I can juggle between one paperback and one e-book, for when I'm using the laptop :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I would totally go on either of your blogger retreats :) Your version of Paris sounds so much lovelier than the one I experienced a few years ago, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally picked Harry Potter World and Paris for my locations! As well as a couple others, but these would be my top two picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ASDlaksjdölkAsdASDLKJ Hogwarts!!! I'm in! O.O :D

    (Old follower hopping through)

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of having a retreat at Hogwarts. I never thought of that.
    Wow!! 4 books at one time. I have one on my night stand, one in the car for the commute to and from work and one on my iphone for when I get stuck somewhere without a book. (ie,DMV lines)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Four at once, oh my!!! I can keep up with 2, but I'm not sure I could make it any farther than that!
    Can't wait to see what you think of Immortal Rules and Under the Never Sky. Thanks for stopping by, new follower here :)

    Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!