Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer & The Selection by Kiera Cass

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine,
meant to spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly awaiting!


Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
Kensington, 432 Pages
Expected US Release Date: April 24, 2012


Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming . . .
-----------------------------Goodreads summary

I'm going to be honest here and say that the main reason this caught my eye was because of the "Earth, Fire, Air, Water..." -- anyone else think of Captain Planet? Am I completely revealing my age because of that?  In any case, the book also sounds fantastic.  Each sibling that can control each element?  That can only lead to some awesomely destructive things.  And that there are already at least three different boys (not including the other brothers) mentioned in the summary alone??  This will get good.

Although can we take a moment to chat about the cover?  Because if anything looks like a bad 90s after-school special sitcom, it's that.



The Selection by Kiera Cass
HarperTeen, 327 Pages
Expected US Release Date: April 24, 2012


For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
-----------------------------Goodreads summary


I think we've all heard about this one dozens of times before (at least!) but I had to include it. I'm crazy about the cover, it sounds phenomenal, and I've heard some great things about it from other review bloggers. Plus, it hasn't even been released yet and the CW is making it into a TV show!?  That's some high expectations to set, but there's got to be a reason for it. Despite all the drama with the author among the book blogging community, I'm excited to finally get to see what the fuss is about.

What books are you waiting for?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll hop by!

PS. Have you entered my birthday giveaway here yet?
You could win one of the books below OR an April release of your choice! Two winners!

11 comments:

  1. Hi there :) just popping in...
    I really want to read The Selection as well!

    :) Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely can't wait to read either of these, but I'm especially dying to get my hands on a copy of THE SELECTION. Awesome picks! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to The Selection too, despite all the drama! And Storm sounds really good, thanks for sharing! Although I agree, the cover isn't great, haha!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO looking forward to reading The Selection - it's on my wishlist :) Those dresses look fab, by the way - I just adore the cover. Great pick!

    My WoW for this week.

    Happy reading!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I love the sound of The Selection! <3

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting choices. For some reason, The Selection isn't as appealing to me, but I'll probably end up reading it. Lol. The Storm seems like it would be a good one.

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Storm sounds amazing! I hadn't heard of that one yet! Great picks! Here's my Waiting on Weds this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the cover on The Selection and the blurb is just like cherry on a sundae! I need that book when it comes out!!! Great Pick!

    Here is my WOW
    If you're interested, come check out the THREE Giveaways I have going on at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I've never heard of Storm or the Elemental series, thanks for the heads up:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glimmer, I can't wait to read it! I have a few giveaways but I'm giving away a copy of Divergent come check it out!
    http://bookreviewclub.blogspot.com
    Thanks Krista

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read Elemental after reading Storm. While it is not necessary, I recommend that you read Elemental first. I only read Storm first because I was trying to get it done to post the review during its release week (which I did) and I felt like I was racing the clock (which was my own fault for losing track of time haha). Otherwise, I would have switched the order because things that happened to Michael and Emily appeared in passing more than a few times throughout Storm and so I already knew what was going to happen. I just did not know what happened during the beginning and the journey to get there, which definitely colored my view of this fifty page novella.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!