Monday, April 23, 2012

In My Mailbox: The Spoiled Edition feat. LA Times Festival of Books

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, meant to spotlight the books we've acquired this week (via library, purchase, review, etc).

Let's just get this picture out of the way first. I'm an awesome photographer with timing.
John Green LA Times Festival of Books
John Green
I went to the LA Times Festival of Books on Saturday and had a BLAST. Unfortunately I arrived much later than planned (sleepy + traffic = badtimes) so I missed a lot of authors, but I was able to glimpse John Green before he left his signing. And then I was able to meet Libba Bray (hilarious and adorable), Maggie Stiefvater (so awesome) and Siobhan Vivian (AMAZING. So friendly!), and I saw Gail Simmons and Michael Voltaggio (I am a Top Chef freak), plus its just books, books, books...a pretty amazing day.

But onward with the mailbox! As a preface, I know I am so spoiled by my library and other varying awesomeness.  I mean, LOOK AT ALL THIS:
books, book swag
In my defense, this is the past 2 weeks.

Library
This is a ridiculous amount, I'm aware - who knew 8 of my holds would come in at the SAME TIME?!  I made the "executive decision" to freeze the rest I've got on hold (with a few exceptions), because I am going out of my mind trying to read everything.
Embrace - Jessica Shirvington
Partials - Dan Wells
The False Prince - Jennifer A. Nielsen
The Storyteller - Antonia Michaelis
Crossed - Ally Condie

Bought/Borrowed
Bought: Shine by Lauren Myracle
Borrowed: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (thanks Mischa!)

Won
Shade, bookmarks, Jeri Smith-Ready
Shade - Jeri Smith-Ready
Jeri Smith-Ready had a personal contest during the YA Scavenger Hunt, and I won!
She also surprised me with 3 signed bookmarks, plus Shade is signed+personalized.
Thank you so much, Jeri! I'm excited to read :)

Gifted
Starters, Lissa Price, swag
Starters - Lissa Price
Lissa is fantastic and is offering any US resident who purchases Starters in April to email her a picture of the receipt, and she'll send a personalized bookplate. I purchased mine the last week of March, and she was SOso nice and made an exception for me! I was quite happy to find she'd included bookmarks (one is signed!), a personal note on the back of the promo card, and a pin as well.
Thank you so much Lissa, you're wonderful!

NetGalley
Throne of Glass - Sarah Maas
The Glimpse - Claire Merle
Keep Holding On - Susane Colasanti
The Golden Flute - Catherine Lanigan
Shift - Kim Curran
Glitch - Heather Anastasiu
*Thank you Penguin, Bloomsbury Children's, Sweetwater, Faber and Faber, Angry Robot and St. Martin's Griffin!

Festival Purchases/Goodies
A Little Friendly Advice - Siobhan Vivian
Not That Kind of Girl - Siobhan Vivian
Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
Moonglass - Jessi Kirby
Beauty Queens - Libba Bray
In Honor - Jessi Kirby (Win the second copy here!)

All of them are SIGNED!

Various free swag: Raven Boys promo card, bookmarks, Hunger Games tattoos

And look at this awesome reusable bag I was given with a purchase!
Too true.

Yeah. Absolutely AMAZING week. I don't know if this can be topped.
What books should I start with??

What's in your mailbox?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll check it out!

PS. Remember to enter to win a signed copy of In Honor here! US only
ends 5/1

5 comments:

  1. Oh My God!!! Isn't that a whole mini-library there? :O It's amazing!! Enjoy the haul! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic load! I really want to read the false prince sometime! i love all the signed books! Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it weren't for the readathon this weekend, I would have been really depressed. The Festival of Books was my favorite part of living in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many good books! and look at all those pretty signed ones! You lucky girl! I can't wait to see what The Raven Boys are all about! I can't wait to read The Storytellers, I have it, I'm trying to make time for it this week :) Partials is another one, lol!
    Enjoy all of your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shew! I hate when all your holds come in at the same time! But a great list you got. I enjoyed Beauty Queens, it was hilarious! I am reading The Glimpse right now! Have a great week! New follower :)

    My IMM: http://kaylas-books.blogspot.com/2012/04/imm-4.html

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!