Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Weekly Wrap Up + My Mailbox

the book that reignited my desire to write


which turned into one of the best nights of my life
Me, Kirsten Hubbard, Nina LaCour, Gayle Forman, Stephanie Perkins


Jace Wayland included!

PLUS: Win a signed finished copy of In Honor by Jessi Kirby!
US only (sorry!), ends 5/1 (hopefully the winner will receive it before or on its release date)

AND: A small preview of an exciting post on Monday...


Finally, this week's mailbox!

Library
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
I am fully aware how often this pops up in my mailbox haha. I WILL get it done!

Silver Phoenix - Cindy Pon
I stumbled upon this when I went to pick up the others
and I'm too curious to not read it after I had the pleasure of meeting her.

Ripper - Stefan Petrucha

Review
Struck - Jennifer Bosworth 
(thanks DAC ARC Tour!)

NetGalley
Unspoken - Sarah Rees Brennan
One Moment - Kristina McBride
Flirting in Italian - Lauren Henderson
Kissing Shakespeare - Pamela Mingle
The Book of Blood and Shadow - Robin Wasserman**
Something Like Normal - Trish Doller (!!!!)
Velveteen - Daniel Marks
Code Name Verity - Elizabeth Wein
The Paladin Prophecy - Mark Frost

**I was approved of The Book of Blood and Shadow on Thursday - but the book has already been published and archived. How do I respond on NG? Decline + state I was approved after it was taken down in the "review" section? Help please!

Thank you Random House, Bloomsbury, Egmont, and Disney-Hyperion!

Purchases

For the YA or Bust Tour
Hold Still - Nina LaCour
Where She Went - Gayle Forman

Found out there's a used bookstore in San Diego. Awesome, but sooo bad for my wallet.
But hey, these 4 books only cost me $8!
Nightshade - Andrea Cremer
Teen Angst? Naaaah... - Ned Vizzini
A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray (loveeee this book)

Top: Friends of the Library Bookshop
Bottom: I really need to stay out of Barnes & Noble...haha
The Book Thief - Markus Zukas

Bright Lights, Big Ass - Jen Lancaster
love her! I'll be at her signing next month in San Diego.

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson (review here!)
Yay! Hopefully going to her signing next month in Huntington, and I can't wait for Second Chance Summer.

Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder
One of my best friends keeps insisting I need to read this. Plus, the day after I purchased, Anna put up a review saying it was great!

What's in your mailbox?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll hop by!

14 comments:

  1. OMG! SO many books. Stephanie looks striking in that red hair ;) Gah! You have to read Clockwork Prince. That's like the best Cassie Clare book ever. Awesome haul! :D

    Drop by My Mailbox?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I couldn't stop looking at Stephanie's hair! I have no idea how she pulls it off, I know I couldn't. And I knowwww I really need to hurry up with CP! I don't know why I'm putting it off.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. i've been wanting to read silver phoenix for awhile! enjoy!

    my post is here: Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so ashamed that I'd never heard of it (for some reason I don't quite attract to asian characters), but it does look interesting!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. That is one heck of a mailbox!! Soo many awesome books! I requested Flirting In Italian a while back on Netgalley, and haven't heard back from them yet! I really want to read it! Struck is really good, it's so action packed. I thought Nightshade was ok, even though some people loved it. And I've heard some really awesome things about Poison Study, so I'm looking forward to what you think of it.

    Awesome haul this week!!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life [My Book Haul]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I requested Flirting in Italian literally the day it went up and JUST got it - so hopeful you'll be approved soon! I'm really looking forward to Poison Study sometime, I just have no idea when I'll be able to fit it in.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a yummy week!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1992

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some really great books! Poison Study is on my 2012 Challenge to read. I love the cover of Hold Still!

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover of Hold Still too, and I'm super excited to read it. And hooray, I look forward to what you think of Poison Study when you read it!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  6. Wow those are some great books! I'm really looking forward to reading Struck and The Book of Blood and Shadow.

    Amelia @ Regal Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Struck was really, really good! So much action and adventure, I was definitely holding my breathe through most of it. And I hope to read Book of Blood and Shadow soon, too!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  7. WOW! What a book haul! I want to read Velveteen so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was an incredible book week! And Velveteen looks REALLY good - I won't be reading it until a few months from now since its release date is later but I'm getting impatient and might skip it up haha.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!