Saturday, April 7, 2012

In My Mailbox (11): The One Where Aimee Agresti Pretty Much Made My Life


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, meant to spotlight the books we've acquired this week (via library, purchase, review, etc).

I had a great bookish mail week, guys. Look at all the pretty!

Library

Blood Red Road - Moira Young

Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi

Like Mandarin - Kirsten Hubbard
I loved Wanderlove so much I immediately had to go out and get her other book.


Purchase
Last week I mentioned I made a ton of birthday purchases; the rest finally came in!

Take A Bow - Elizabeth Eulberg

Wanderlove - Kirsten Hubbard (read my review here!)
Loved it so much had to get my own copy

Across the Universe - Beth Revis
Loved forever, finally have my own copy.

Illuminate - Aimee Agresti


For Review
(thanks Eileen and St. Martin's Press!)
Fated - Alyson Noel
I've only read one of Alyson Noel's books and wasn't crazy about it - excited for this one!

Extra Awesome Swag
Aimee Agresti did a contest on her blog and offered a consolation prize to those who didn't win. So when I requested a signed bookmark, I mentioned in passing I'd ordered her book because it was my birthday recently.
LOOK HOW AWESOME AIMEE IS!
She sent me a signed + personalized hotel key and note along with the bookmark since it was my birthday. Seriously, I about died when I opened it, because how freakin' nice is that??

Perfectly together.

Thanks so much Aimee, you're wonderful!

Yep. I'm a pretty happy reader this week.

What's in your mailbox?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll check it out!

PS. Don't forget to enter my Birthday giveaway here!
Last day!! Ends at the end of Sunday :)
You could win one of these books below OR an April release! TWO winners!

12 comments:

  1. You've had such a wonderful week with books! Btw, happy belated birthday! It took me a while to get into Illuminate, but the author seems so sweet! I want to read both of Kirsten Hubbard's books as well. Happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. great haul! makes me want to read Wanderlove! here is ours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love it when authors send surprises! I'm really intrigued by the Alyson Noel book, since the cover is kinda cool, and I didn't care for her series. (I don't even remember what it's called. Immortals? Doesn't sound right.) I'm interested to hear what you think of it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox! I've been wanting to read Wanderlove so badly! Happy late birthday! I hope you love all your books!

    Here's my IMM

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! Aimee seems like such an amazing author, I love those approachable writers who love talking with us, bloggers. :) Isn't it awesome?

    And I love the cover of Fated! So pretty!

    I wish our libraries had Blood Red Road, but no such luck. It hasn't been translated yet, so... :(

    Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM. ♥
    Agnieszka @ Nook of Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Blood Red Road and Shatter Me!

    Happy Easter & Happy Reading,
    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday (late!) That was very cool of Agresti! (And I absolutely adored Wanderlove as well.) It looks like you have some wonderful books coming up in your queue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fated looks so, so, so good! I'm glad to see you loved Across the Universe - it's next on my TBR list, and I'm excited to finally get into it. I mean, space opera! In a space ship! Love <3. Great haul.

    My IMM @ YA Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Books! Take a bow is pretty much one of the most amazing books i read so far this year! I also enjoyed AtUniverse! Have a great time reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blood Red Road is really great, it just take a little bit of getting used to, because everyone talks strangely. But once you get into it, it's really great! Shatter Me is good too, the writing style is really unique, and the author is awesome. =) I still haven't read Illuminate, but I'm planning to get around to it this month! I think that's super nice of the author to write you that note! I know I would totally freak out if an author did that for me.

    Happy reading, and I hope you had a good birthday!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. BRR was great! I can't wait for the sequel. I'm reading Wanderlove right now and enjoying it very much C: Enjoy everything

    Shortskie @ Rondo of a Possible World
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice list of books this week. Your swag takes the cake though. That was pretty awesome of her to send you that stuff.
    Happy reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!