Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger & The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine,

meant to spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly awaiting!

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Poppy, 304 Pages
Expected US Release Date: June 5, 2012


Whitley Johnson's dream summer with her divorced dad has turned into a nightmare. She's just met his new fiancée and her kids. The fiancée's son? Whitley's one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin' great. Worse, she totally doesn't fit in with her dad's perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn't even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she's ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn't "do" friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn't her stepbrother...at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.
------------------------Goodreads summary


I've only read The Duff by Kody Keplinger, but this sounds like it'll be just as good: a nice blend of the serious with the fun.



The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando
Dutton Juvenile, 239 Pages
Expected US Release Date: July 5, 2012

An all-day scavenger hunt in the name of eternal small-town glory
With only a week until graduation, there’s one last thing Mary and her friends must do together: participate in the Oyster Point High Official Unofficial Senior Week Scavenger Hunt. And Mary is determined to win.

Mary lost her spot at Georgetown to self-professed “it” bully Pete Lembo, and she’s not about to lose again. But everyone is racing for the finish line with complicated motives, and the team’s all-night adventure becomes all-night drama as shifting alliances, flared tempers, and crushing crushes take over. As the items and points pile up, Mary and her team must reinvent their strategy—and themselves—in order to win.
-----------------------Goodreads summary

As I've mentioned before, I adore one-night books. It's like I get whisked away with them on this whirlwind night journey! And the fact this is a Scavenger Hunt of some sort? This could be all sorts of interesting.

What book(s) are you waiting for?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll hop by!

PS. Have you entered here to win a signed copy of In Honor by Jessi Kirby? US only
ends 5/1

20 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Kody's new book! I hadn't heard of the second one until now, but I'll have to add it to my wishlist! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read her first one (Shut Out?), I've heard great things. But this one sounds pretty amazing!

      Delete
  2. Gah! Both of the covers looks super gorgeous. Especially can't wait for Kody Keplinger's. Awesome picks!=D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww I love the covers! I really like Tara's cover too, all the little things in the letters of BEST NIGHT are such teasers.

      Delete
  3. A Midsummer's Nightmare sounds so good! And like a total nightmare. Haha. Both are awesome picks!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes that sounds like a perfect description! So good and yet you know some pretty messed up shit is about to go down. Perfect!

      Delete
  4. The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life sounds like it should be interesting! I like the fast paced feel of books like these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Midsummer's Nightmare is new to me. Sounds really good. Great picks! I hope you get to read them soon. Thanks for stopping by my wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Best Night of Your Pathetic Life sounds like a book for me, and a Midsummer's Nightmare doesn#t sound too bad either! *grin* I'm getting excited!! :D

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! great contemporary choice my dear!! =D I cant wait for these titles to come out! btw, thnx so much for the giveaway! Im so going there! *fingers crossed*

    thnx for stopping by!


    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to both of these. Love the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks. I think A Midsummer's is gonna be really good. I loved the Duff. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! They are both new to me, but totally my kind of books!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Best Night sounds like it's going to be a great read, I'm really excited about the scavenger hunt! And I'm really looking forward to A Midsummer's Nightmare. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! I also can't wait for these two books. I loved Shut Out and The DUFF so I'm really excited for Keplinger's latest offering.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try out a Kody Keplinger book! I get the impression that the characters are very realistic and genuine, perhaps shockingly so. Sounds like they make for interesting reads anyway. And also, I really need to read more contemporary. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait for A Midsummer's Nightmare. I love her other books.

    My WOW: breathofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't heard of either of these, but they both sound great! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks :D Both books looks awesome ;) Hope you'll love them both :D
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the sound of A Midsummer's Nightmare! Great pick!

    Check out my Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!