Monday, April 30, 2012

Top Ten Books I'd See As Movies (grudgingly...)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's topic is:

Top Ten Seven Books
I'd Like To See As A Movie

It's no secret that I can't stand books being made into movies. I know, there are some exceptions, there are some movies from books that are brilliant, there are some movies from books that you love just as much as the other (Harry Potter, right?) - but generally, I am not a fan. Which obviously makes this list quite hard for me to make!

Hence only 7.

1. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
This could be such a wonderful, fun Holiday movie.

2. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
I think this is obvious since Jennifer is also a screenwriter, and her novel would translate SO well. (They are making it a movie, right? Or am I going crazy?)  It would be such an adventure and so action-packed.

3. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
Just like Percy Jackson, I think this would be amazing.

4. The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
I'm just a fan of all Rick Riordan's YA books becoming movies, apparently. They could be some great, enjoyable family films. Plus, I love the history he includes!

5. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
I waffled a bit if I was going to put this on here, but I think it could be a fun little indie film. Some awesomely-bad girl band with one boy traveling along the Pacific Northwest as they try to figure out their futures, lives and the what-ifs of life? C'mon. That's just screen gold.

6. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
I mean...yes, it would be the cutest little love story chick flick on the planet, but really I'd just want a real life Oliver. (Don't we all?)

7. Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
Ok, I'm cheating because I have yet to read this - but everything I've read and seen, I think it would be pretty perfect. I'm a huge sucker for anything Arts Schools (name a dance movie, arts movie, I'VE SEEN IT.) and I think this could be among them.

What books do you want to see on the screen?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

27 comments:

  1. Yep. Totally agree on The Statistical. Awesome list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is sort of like you; she will absolutely not watch a movie if she read the book (or vice versa). I'm upset because she went to watch The Hunger Games with me and now she'll never know the pure awesomeness that is the book. ): But I guess it's just one of those things. Great post, and I'm a new follower as well!

    I would love it if you could check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Riordan's books but I was so sad about how they did percy jackson, hopefully they'll give it a better go!


    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree - I have serious issues with books (especially my favourites!) being made into movies. Coincidentally, I ended up with only 7 picks myself!

    Tara @ Hey, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven;t read any of these books - yet - but I'm even more excited know about picking up Statistical Probability!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a lot of people share your feeling about books into movies - me too, generally. I agree with Dash & Lily's book of dares though, it could be fun.

    Here’s my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take an Oliver, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Statistical Probability would be so cute as a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It makes me so happy to see Dash & Lily's Book of Dares on your list, too. :) I'm betting it would be the holiday movie of choice, and New York City is just one of the most perfect settings for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely considered Dash & Lily too! I mean, how perfect would this book be during the holidays? I would love to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can totally see dash and lily as a movie since 'infinite playlist' was so popular

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Dash and Lily was on my list as well! And yes, perfect holiday movie! Yeah, my big beef w/ books to movie is usually casting. Like, I hear The Fault in Our Stars is going to be a movie. How in the world are they going to cast the perfect Augustus? I wouldn't know where to start even recommending someone! Like your list Ashley:)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's funny! I love book to movie adaptations. I like to see how they compare. I agree with you about Dash and Lily's. It could be a great holiday movie, and I'd love to see that book store on screen...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Statistical Probability! What a wonderful pick! For me, that book-film would be all about casting.
    Thanks for stopping by my top ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of these yet. From the sounds of it Struck would make an awesome movie though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I've been meaning to read a number of them, particularly Riordan's The Heroes of Olympus series. I loved the Percy Jackson books so yeah xD

    Here's my TTT for this week: http://www.rulethewaves.net/blog/?p=4408

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I'd love to see Statistical as a movie, but only if Oliver was cast right... and I can't even think of an actor that would fit the role!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith has been appearing on a lot of lists today - I haven't read it yet, but you have piqued my interest for sure! Thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've only read the statistical probability of love at first sight but I really want to read the rest. How was struck? It sounds SOO good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to read Struck!

    And I hear Dash & Lily is adorable! I have it on Kobo.. just need to get around to reading it.. love that it's all over NYC tho :)

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  21. You sound like me, I hate when they turn a great story into a poorly constructed film :(
    I followed you through Top Ten Tuesdays (and now a new follower via GFC :)), although I had the same problem as you so I have yet to make my top ten movie list lol

    check out my blog if you get a chance! :)
    YA Nation

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've read mixed reviews on Struck - but from what I hear about it, it has an atmosphere and storyline that would translate well.
    Riordan is a great author - my Mum and my youngest brother are working through the books together at bedtime each night. There's a lack of good books for boy readers, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just finished reading PJ and the Olympians and loved the series! I now need to read his other two series!

    Thanks for stoppin by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't usually mind books being made into movies, BUT I absolutely MUST read the book before I'll see the movie. I've only broken that rule once or twice, and I always wish I'd started with the book. That way I can say, "It was good, but the book was just SO much better," as I'm leaving the theater haha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Struck sounds like it would be a great movie. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is on my list to read this month and I've heard it's super cute so I would probably pay to watch that :) Also, The Disenchantments? Cute indie? I'm there :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Rick Riordan as well! His books are so entertaining and chock full of mythology and I love that. Have you read The Serpent's Shadow already? :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well post and such a great selection of book i like all the top of ten books and informal would work as well and also well as keeping contact with the group psychological well-being facilities thanks for sharing technical proposal writing .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!